The Habitat for Humanity OneChurch Faithbuild, which is located at 302 Andrew Street in Newmarket has begun!! It is our hope that the house will be completed by Christmas and that the family will be “Home for the Holidays”.
Faithbuild days are occurring every Saturday between now and the end of December. All equipment is provided. Lighter work such as interior painting will be completed in the latter part of the build days. The build days are filling up fast with 50 percent registration as of the date of this blog.
Here’s a list of the build days and how many positions are currently available for each day (As of Sep 30 – availability subject to change).
October 3, 2015 (Full)
October 17, 2015 (2 volunteers needed)
October 24, 2015 (Full)
October 31, 2015 (Full)
November 7, 2015 (3 volunteers needed)
November 14, 2015 (6 volunteers needed)
November 21, 2015 (10 volunteers needed)
November 28, 2015 (10 volunteers needed)
December 5, 2015 (9 volunteers needed)
December 12, 2015 (10 volunteers needed)
We can’t stress enough that you must register quickly because the available spaces are shared between several churches. The sooner you sign up the better the chance you can get your desired day.
- For your build day, dress appropriately for the weather as you’ll be outside. If it’s cool, remember to wear a jacket. Habitat will provide all safety equipment, i.e. boots, hard hat, gloves and safety glasses.
- Make sure you come on your designated day rain or shine. Once you arrive at the site, report to the project manager who will provide instruction.
- You are allowed to sign up for more than one build day.
- Upon registering, each member will receive an email containing important information for the volunteer day, including a build day FAQ sheet and a parking pass, if necessary, that they may print and display on their vehicle’s dash.
- NOTE FOR MINORS: Upon registration, team members below age 18 will be prompted to print a volunteer waiver that must be signed by a parent or legal guardian and brought along with the team member for admittance onto the build site. Habitat regrets that per Ontario Ministry of Labour guidelines, we cannot accommodate build site volunteers below age 16 or ReStore volunteers below age 14.
- Arrive on the build site promptly at your scheduled time. Attendance at our orientation session at the start of your shift is mandatory, and therefore we cannot guarantee we will be able to accommodate late arrivals.
- If you book a build day and something comes up that will prevent you from going, please call (905-868-8722) the local habitat office in Newmarket to advise them of your absence.
- Pizza lunch is provided to volunteers however you can bring your own if you prefer.
- The usual volunteer workday is from 9 am to 4pm or as long as the volunteer can manage.
We hope the information above answers a few questions that you may have. So let’s roll up our sleeves and get started – REGISTER HERE (note: login or sign up then choose your day). Remember even if you signed up at a previous event, it is MANDATORY that you register via the link provided in order to participate in the build days.