Excitement continues to grow as the OneChurch Faith Build Project on Andrew St. in Newmarket, is about to start the actual build stage which will commence next month (September). In preparation we are encouraging all those who have registered to participate, to go online and sign up for the day(s) you would like to work at the job site. You’ll see from the list of build days there are spaces for only 10 volunteers on each day – choose your preferred day before all the spots are gone. If you want to build with a friend make sure they pick their day quickly too. We can’t stress enough that you must register quickly because the available spaces are shared between several churches. The sooner you sign up the better the chance you can get your desired day.
Here’s a list of the build days:
October 3, 2015 (10 volunteers)
October 17, 2015 (10 volunteers)
October 24, 2015 (10 volunteers)
October 31, 2015 (10 volunteers)
November 7, 2015 (10 volunteers)
November 14, 2015 (10 volunteers)
November 21, 2015 (10 volunteers)
November 28, 2015 (10 volunteers)
December 5, 2015 (10 volunteers)
December 12, 2015 (10 volunteers)
- For your build day, dress appropriately for the weather as you’ll be outside. If it’s cool, remember to wear a jacket. Habitat will provide all safety equipment, i.e. boots, hard hat, gloves and safety glasses.
- Make sure you come on your designated day rain or shine. Once you arrive at the site, report to the project manager who will provide instruction.
- You are allowed to sign up for more than one build day.
- Upon registering, each member will receive an email containing important information for the volunteer day, including a build day FAQ sheet and a parking pass, if necessary, that they may print and display on their vehicle’s dash.
- NOTE FOR MINORS: Upon registration, team members below age 18 will be prompted to print a volunteer waiver that must be signed by a parent or legal guardian and brought along with the team member for admittance onto the build site. Habitat regrets that per Ontario Ministry of Labour guidelines, we cannot accommodate build site volunteers below age 16 or ReStore volunteers below age 14.
- Arrive on the build site promptly at your scheduled time. Attendance at our orientation session at the start of your shift is mandatory, and therefore we cannot guarantee we will be able to accommodate late arrivals.
- If you book a build day and something comes up that will prevent you from going, please call (905-868-8722) the local habitat office in Newmarket to advise them of your absence.
- Pizza lunch is provided to volunteers however you can bring your own if you prefer.
- The usual volunteer workday is from 9 am to 4pm or as long as the volunteer can manage.
We hope the information above answers a few questions that you may have. So let’s roll up our sleeves and get started – REGISTER HERE (note: login or sign up then choose your day). Remember even if you signed up at a previous event, it is MANDATORY that you register via the link provided in order to participate in the build days.