UPDATE: POSITION FILLED
We a looking for a person to fill the position of St Paul’s Parish Administrator.
Hours of Work: Tuesday through Friday, 9:00am to 12:00pm
Position Summary: The Parish Administrator will ensure the efficient administration of the parish office, assisting the Parish Priest and Deacon, church wardens, other clergy, staff and volunteers in parish administration.
Major Job Responsibilities
- be pastorally sensitive for all who enter the parish office or seek ministry over the telephone. The intermittent nature of visitors and inquiries will require that the Parish Administrator be interrupted during administrative tasks in order to greet and assist people
- assist the clergy and other staff with typing, photocopying, mailing and other administrative needs such as scheduling appointments, calendar management, filing, letters, returning phone messages, etc.
- type and reproduce the weekly Sunday worship bulletin, and all special worship services as requested
- handle all incoming mail and messages including email and faxes
- set, handle and direct all fax and voice mail messages
- collect mail daily from our community mailbox
- open and respond to mail including email and faxes, which must be opened and distributed daily (Email procedures are written and kept as part of the office procedure manual)
- print and prepare letters and envelopes for parish mailings
- maintain adequate inventory of regular and seasonal office supplies
- assist parish groups with ordering and receiving materials
- assist in the collection and typing of reports for the annual report
- maintain a neat and welcoming parish office
- periodically train volunteers in the use of appropriate office equipment and procedures
- maintain an up to date parish list and data bases
- maintain the calendar and service schedule, and update the website accordingly
- be responsible for print and electronic newsletters (e.g. Mailchimp)
- maintain monthly ministry rosters (servers, sides people, lay assistants)
- assist in maintaining database of volunteer screening
- perform other duties as assigned
Skills/ Knowledge Required:
- Works well independently and proactively
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and judgment skills
- Work ethics compatible with church’s values
- Intermediate to Expert computer skills with Microsoft Suite, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, (including excellent calendaring skills)
- Above average communication skills including, phone, verbal and written
- Ability to work with simple accounting processes
- Good proactive and reactive organizational and time management skills
- Experience in a volunteer environment, an asset
- Ability to handle multiple priorities within similar timelines
Location: St. Paul’s Anglican Church, 227 Church St. Newmarket, On.
Please submit resume by email to email@example.com.